The weather is warming up here in Arizona, and with that comes our drier air too. We’re putting away the long sleeve shirts and boots to bring out shorts and tanks tops. With the warmer weather we can also “shave off” our dry wintery skin and reveal a gorgeous natural glow! Want to know how? Shave your face! That’s right ladies, shave your face. Not with a “traditional” razor like what we use on our legs, but with a special face shaving razor. These smaller razors can be found on Amazon, in Sephora, or Ulta Beauty stores from anywhere between $4 and $8 for packages of three razors. Pretty budget friendly, don’t you think?
So, what are the real benefits of shaving your face? Here are the basics:
- It’s a great way to exfoliate the skin and remove dull dry skin.
- It removes the fine/tiny facial hair (aka peach fuzz).
- By removing the dead skin and hair, your makeup will apply smoother and evenly.
- Your facial products will be better absorbed by your skin, which in turn will give you the results you want to receive from those products.
Now that you know the benefits of shaving your face, how do you actually do it? Here are the steps to take with a specialized “razor”:
- Thoroughly wash your face with soap and water.
- Apply a simple face lotion or moisturizing shave cream (I use EOS moisturizing shave cream.)
- Shave your face in the direction your hair grows.
- Rinse off excess lotion or shave cream.
- Finish with your usual facial routine (i,e, toner, eye cream, oils, etc).
- You can shave as often as you like. I personally do either once every two weeks or once a month (depending on the season and how my skin feels).
There you go! That’s facial shaving. It is not painful and is very easy to do, but if you’re afraid to try it out yourself, you can also find a local aesthetician and talk to them about dermaplaning. It’s another great way to treat yourself to a relaxing facial and come out with gorgeous glowing skin!