It’s February and love is in the air! Valentine’s day is right around the corner and nothing says love (to this dessert loving momma, anyway) like a plate full of sweet, delicious Valentine’s Day cookies!
I love cooking, baking, and experimenting with new recipes but let’s be honest… with two mobile children under the age of three, I’ve got my hands full. As much as I enjoy it, spending a ton of time in the kitchen isn’t always realistic. Enter the super easy cake mix cookie. Busy moms, rejoice! Making cookies with cake mix has become a favorite of mine. I honestly haven’t made a batch yet that I haven’t loved. Not only are they quick and easy but they’re also simple enough for little bakers to help.
An initial ‘cake mix cookie’ search on Pinterest can be overwhelming; who knew there were so many ways to do the same thing? After making cake mix cookies a handful of times, I’ve perfected my recipe. I’ve tried a few variations but it keeps coming back to a standard base of only three ingredients (I told you to rejoice!).
- 1 Box of strawberry cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional, although it makes your cookies taste just like a milkshake)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips and/or Valentine’s M&Ms (also optional)
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Mix cake, eggs, and oil together until there are no lumps
- Fold in chocolate chips or M&M’s
- Spray your baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray
- Roll similar sized balls of dough and place on baking sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Let cool on a cooling rack
- Resist the urge to eat the entire sheet full of cookies. Or go hide in the closet and eat them all. I won’t judge.
Easy, quick, and delicious. Whip these Valentine’s Day cookies up for your little ones as a fun treat or surprise your dessert-loving friends or better half with a plate of these delicious cookies. I’d love to know how they come out if you make them so be sure to drop a comment and let me know! Or post a photo on IG using the hashtag #nphxmoms. Happy Baking!