Choosing a preschool for your child is one of the first major decisions you make as a parent. It can be stressful and overwhelming. Fortunately, Developing Minds Academy is here to help.
Developing Minds Academy is a dual language English/Spanish preschool with a focus on Social Emotional Learning (SEL) in Scottsdale. Our mindset is to help you raise good humans and to be a part of your village.
What exactly is SEL?
Social and emotional learning (SEL) is the process through which children and adults acquire and effectively apply the knowledge, attitudes, and skills necessary to:
- Understand and manage emotions.
- Set and achieve positive goals.
- Feel and show empathy for others.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships.
- Make responsible decisions.
It’s said that a child’s brain is like a sponge, especially during their preschool years. During these early years, learning experiences must be child initiated, diverse and creative and based upon sound principles of child development. Our program is founded on a variety of elements including art, music, movement and cognitive skills. A developmental learning approach encourages children to be involved and discover things for themselves.
Did You Know?
- Children learn more quickly during their early years than at any other time in life.
- The neurological processing in the three-to-five-year old’s brain is twice as busy as that of a college student, and perhaps three times busier than an adult’s.
- The average 4-year old will ask a total of 437 questions each day. Many of which are simply, “why?”
Children learn to their full potential when they feel safe in a nurturing environment; that is why we focus on building relationships. Research shows that providing explicit social emotional instruction has a lasting effect on a child’s elementary (and beyond) experiences, including academics. Our goal is to send children out into the world who demonstrate intentional kindness, demonstrate executive function, exhibit strong problem solving skills, have the ability to think for themselves, feel empowered to try new things and think outside the box.
For more information about Developing Minds Academy Preschool and all they have to offer, visit and follow them on Facebook and Instagram.