Happy New Year friends! And happy fresh start to your eating habits, goals, and dreams of trying new things. Today we are bring you a fun take on an incredible classic we have been making for years. Have you tried broiling grapefruit? Traditionally broiled to perfection with brown sugar; we went ahead and drizzled a little Grand Marnier over the the top for good measure. To SEE how to make this recipe check out our video here – Grand Marnier Broiled Grapefruits.
- 2 ruby red grapefruits
- brown sugar
- grand marnier
- Set oven to high broil.
- Cut grapefruits (preferably room temperature) in half. Then with a paring knife cut around the edge of the fruit. Continue by segmenting the inside of the grapefruit to make grooves in which your ingredients will soak into.
- Place grapefruit halves cut side up into a baking dish.
- Add about 1 teaspoon of Grand Marnier to each grapefruit.
- Place 2 pads of butter on each half.
- Sprinkle each half with brown sugar.
- Place under broiler for about 7 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
- Serve in a bowl with a garnish of mint.
- Savor every drop!