This Late Harvest Bake is perfect for the fall season which is all about gathering and community. This casserole is the perfect tummy-warming dish for you and your friends and family. Filled with butternut squash, earthy mushrooms and kale. Oh, and of course plenty of cheese.
- 16 oz pasta shells – cooked till tender
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese grated
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 egg whisked
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups of cubed butternut squash
- 1 cup Shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 3/4 cup kale chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh sliced basil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Steam butternut squash. Set 1/2 cup aside and purée the remainder 1 1/2 cups
- Sauté onion, chopped garlic, and mushrooms until tender, add kale cook until slightly wilted
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients
- Add mixture to an oiled 9×13 baking dish
- Bake for 25 minutes. Place broiler on at the end until cheese is bubbly and golden
Will you try this Late Harvest Bake for one of your gatherings? Please let us know how you like it!
For more See Salt recipes click HERE!