We all make mistakes as moms or do things we’re not proud of. It’s so important to stick together and be honest with each other. I’m taking this post to do just that with some honest confessions that I know other moms will understand. I hope that by coming clean with some of my ‘momfessions’ I can make you laugh and remind you that we’re all just out here trying to survive.
- Last week my son, Emerson, threw his lunch on the floor. After I cleaned him up, he decided to eat his sandwich after all. I probably should have stopped him from eating it off the floor, but I didn’t.
- I cleared out the Easter candy at Target after the holiday and then proceeded to eat 12 mini Kit-Kats in one sitting.
- A few months ago we started Emerson sleeping in his own room. Sometimes I wish he was still in our bed so I wasn’t so lonely when my husband works nights.
- I feel like a total failure when I look at some mom’s Instagram pages. Then I remember we’re all just faking it on social media which makes me feel a little better.
- A few days ago I watched Emerson pull out an entire box of tissues one by one. He then ripped each tissue into tiny pieces. I didn’t even stop him because he was being quiet and I just didn’t have the energy to fight him.
- Five nights a week I take a bath. A big part of me feels guilty that I get so much ‘me’ time.
- I want Emerson to start walking SO BADLY. He’s sixteen months old and baby number two will be here in June. I know kids develop at their own pace, but I can’t be carrying two babies everywhere.
- It’s easy to pull the “mom card” for why I don’t respond to texts right away. Realistically, I’ve never been great at responding, but people are just more forgiving now.
Ok, your turn! I want to hear some of your mom confessions from this week. Ready? Go!