North Phoenix Moms Blog is thrilled to bring you Neighborhood Guides presented by Ashley Richards of Pinnacle Capital Mortgage. Each month we will be highlighting a neighborhood in the Phoenix area by sharing restaurants, parks, schools, and activities in that part of the valley. Our series begins with a hometown favorite, Desert Ridge.
Desert Ridge is a master-planner community located off the Loop 101 and Tatum Blvd. This is one of Arizona’s largest master-planned communities and is projected to house more than 50,000 residents. Besides the beautiful desert landscape and amazing homes, the neighborhood has lots of great parks, restaurants and shops which are highlighted below. We hope you and your family enjoy!
Dining and Shopping
You will find amazing shops and dining experiences at two shopping centers. Below you will find some of the stores and restaurants that are kid and family-friendly that we love:
Barnes and Noble
California Pizza Kitchen
Coming Soon: Flower Child
There are tons of activities for the whole family! Here are some of our favorite things to do:
- Hit the lazy river and splash at the pool at JW Marriott Desert Ridge.
- Grab the kids for some bowling and arcade games at Dave & Busters.
- Little Kids? Check out Play Factory for indoor play with a low daily rate!
- Catch a movie at AMC Desert Ridge 18.
- Desert Ridge Marketplace also has some great kids activities, such as snow days, character meet and greets, and more.
Enjoy the beautiful outdoors and amazing weather that Phoenix has to offer by bringing the kids to these parks in the area:
- Cashman Park
- Aviano Community Park
- Fireside Community Basketball Court & Park
- Wildcat Ridge Community Park
Looking to move into the Desert Ridge area? It is part of the Paradise Valley School District and is home to four schools; Desert Trails Elementary School, Explorer Middle School, Paradise Valley High School and Pinnacle High School. All of these schools are highly ranked!
To learn more about this and other Phoenix neighborhoods, join our online Neighborhood Groups where you can connect with other valley families!