I’ve seen so many posts on Facebook or other social media platforms about 30 day challenges to speak, write or say what you are thankful for everyday in the month of November. You can even have your family join in and make it a tradition every year. This year, I decided to jump on the bandwagon of doing those “thankfulness” expressions but wanted to spruce it up a bit with one of my favorite things to do… capturing memories in pictures. I was thinking how fun it would be to do some sort of thankful photo challenge instead, where each day there would be a prompt of thankfulness that you would have to think about and snap a photo of. At the end of November, all your thankful photos could be put into a digital collage or a Chatbook and be printed. A perfect memory as a keepsake for the month of thankfulness and each family member that participated could have their own.
I hope others photo-phanatics would love to join in. The thankfulness photo challenge is not limited to the month of November, but could be carried on any month, because why only be thankful one month out of the year right? No matter what day you start, feeling thankful for things or people in our lives just feels good.
If you would like to join the thankfulness photo challenge here is what you need to do.
- Print out, screen shot or bookmark THIS post to refer to each day.
- Next, prep the family members who will participate in the daily challenge with each days prompt and directions/suggestions. For toddlers and small kiddos that do not have camera access let them use your camera phone, with supervision, to allow them to capture their own thankfulness photo.
- Then, share each day with your family what photo you took and the thankfulness meaning behind it. This can generate some great conversations at the dinner table in the evening to recap on.
- If you want to post your pictures to Instagram for all your friends and family yo join in on the fun, be sure to use hashtag #nphxmoms so we can follow along.
- Finally, use some of the photo printing app suggestions below to make or print your thankfulness photos, either individually, in a collage or one of the cute Chatbooks.
To start you off, here are 20 daily prompts. As you start this challenge, tweak any prompts as needed, and of course add in your very own to make it more personal.
Daily Thankfulness Photo Challenge:
Snap a photo of something you are thankful for …..
- In your home
- In school/daycare
- A family member
- In your bedroom
- In the kitchen
- On your body
- A feeling you have
- In your backyard
- A characteristic of yourself
- A characteristic of a friend
- Something outside
- Something found in the city you live in
- In the refrigerator
- In your closet
- At your favorite store
- A memorable vacation
- In your neighborhood
- A person you love
- An animal/pet
- At Thanksgiving time
Suggested apps to print your thankfulness photos:
Happy Snapping! #nphxmoms