Fall is finally here! And let’s all admit it, it’s the best time of the year. Fall means it is time to bust out those comfy sweaters and enjoy the outdoors, delicious food, and amazing autumn scents. And hopefully it means that we don’t have to deal with triple digit weather any longer! With fall in the air I can’t help but plan which autumn activities to enjoy with my friends and family this fall!
- Go Apple Picking. Heading up north and picking apples with my family is one of my favorite fall activities. It’s fun for all ages and it gets you out of town a bit, which is always nice! My favorite place to pick apples is Apple Annie’s Orchard in Wilcox.
- Visit a Pumpkin Patch. This is my most favorite fall activity! With my daughter being able to walk and play this year I am super excited to watch her run around a pumpkin patch. Check out our list of the best Pumpkin Patches in Arizona HERE!
- Enjoy the Arizona State Fair. I have gone to the fair every year since I was a little kid! If you’re a home school mom they have a special home school day where you can bring your kiddos for free a few hours before they open to the public. This gives you time to take your kids to the petting zoo and to go through all the fun art competitions, etc. Also, your kids can fill out this fall reading program slip and get free rides!!!
- Bake. This activity is nice for those days that you don’t want to go anywhere but you still want to do something fun! With the weather cooling down it’s the perfect time to have a fun baking day!
- Hike. With the lower temps it’s finally the perfect time to get outdoors and go hiking! There are so many great places in the North Phoenix area. HERE is a list of some of our favorite trails in/near North Phoenix! You can even try out a fun hiking challenge.
- Camp. Arizona has some of the best camping sites in the world! You have to go before it gets too cold, but September and October are prime time to go camping! My favorite places to go to are Mogollon Rim and Pine Groves. Read HERE for some tips on camping with kiddos.
- Have a Magical Movie Marathon. I plan to have a Harry Potter movie marathon day! I am going to invite a bunch of friends over and make fun HP themed snacks! We will completely nerd out. If Harry Potter is not your cup of tea, you could watch a couple of your favorite Halloween movies from when you were a kid or watch a scary horror movie, or two!
- Host a Murder Mystery Party. This just screams fall! I have always wanted to throw one and have apple cider, baked goods and an amazing spooky night.
- Decorate your Home. We moved into our first home one week before Christmas last year and I missed out on all the fun decorating! I cannot wait to decorate this fall!! Here are some easy DIY wreaths and some great some decor ideas that are budget friendly!
- Pumpkin Spice Everything. Need I say more?! I don’t personally like coffee but I will stock up on everything else pumpkin spice and you should too. I plan on making pumpkin cake, cookies, bread, you name it! Looking for some pumpkin inspiration? Click HERE for the ultimate list of pumpkin recipes!
What are your favorite fall activities? Let us know in the comments below!